A Mitochondiral Cytochrome Oxidase I gene based identification of  Corbicula ssp. commercially available in South Korea
So Young Park, Se Won Kang, Hee Ju Hwang, Jong Min Chung, Dae Kwon Song, Hong Seog Park, Yeon Soo Han, Jun-Sang Lee, Jung-Ha Kang and Yong Seok Lee
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, Soonchunhyang University, Asan, Chungnam 31538, Korea Research Institute, GnC BIO Co., LTD., 621-6 Banseok-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34069, Korea Division of Plant Biotechnology,
The natives of the genus Corbicula have shown worldwide dispersion in recent times, which has caused great ecological and economic impacts on the introduced ecosystems. The species reported from the genus have been consumed as food and explored for medicine with pharmacological activity. Consequently, the demand of Corbicula sp. in the South Korean domestic market has increased and so also it¡¯s associated import to the country. However, due to the absence of identification keys of imported Corbicula, the market is facing confronting situations. We hypothesized that the mitochondrial Cytochrome Oxidase I gene (CO-I) based molecular profiling could be a necessary technique for identification of Corbicula sp. in the South Korea domestic market. The genetic analysis identified both Corbicula japonica and Corbicula fluminea from the market foods. C. japonica and C. fluminea are inhabitants in Korea, but C. fluminea production has decreased in Seomjingang river basin. Therefore, C. fluminea identified from this study, is expected to be imported from China and would have a mixed sales in Seomjingang river side basin.

v32_2-127-131.pdf (523.1K), Down : 180, 2016-08-04 12:53:03

»ç¹«±¹ & ÆíÁý±¹ : Ãæ³² ¾Æ»ê½Ã ½Åâ¸é ¼øõÇâ·Î 22 ÀÚ¿¬°úÇдëÇР3317È£ / Tel: 041-530-3040 / E-mail : malacol@naver.com